Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Eight Years

Today is my anniversary, or should I say our anniversary? Anyway, you get the picture. It's a little hard to believe it's been eight years, although in some ways it feels like we've just always been married. I'm not really sure what I want to say in this post. I'm married to a great guy and I consider myself to be very blessed to have him. He is a great provider, a hard worker, considerate, patient, loving, kind. He is a wonderful father. I love how he can turn almost anything into a teachable moment, in a fun way. He has never balked at doing his share of all things in childrearing. He is so patient with me, always willing to listen. So, I love you Christoph! Thank you for all you do!

On a less sappy note, what have the last eight years entailed? It's interesting to me to think about what "life milestones" we've accomplished together.

*We have moved four times, including to a different state

*Purchased our first and second house

*Completed two degrees. BSN for me, Master's for Christoph

*Had children

*Bought a new car

*Invested money

*Got life insurance

*Started a business

Ok, so this is just a small list of things that come immediately to mind. Two people who are married go through so many things together. I mean those are just big things. How about all the little decisions and tasks that you do together everyday? I know single people do a lot of these things too, it's not the doing them that's the point, it's the doing them together. You can't help but be close to someone you've argued with, cried with, laughed with, everyday for years. I think of all the things that have happened, how we've grown and changed over the past eight years and it kind of blows me away. It's only been eight years! Imagine after being married 25, 50! I hope I never take any of it for granted, because I know the day to day can easily become mundane and expected. I'm so glad not to have to do life alone! I love you Christoph!

No comments:

Post a Comment