Thursday, September 4, 2008

Mellow Yellow

Three Months Three months old today! Where has the time gone? I knew it would fly by and yet I'm still surprised. Everyday you get a little bigger and a little more fun. You are such a contented baby. You are just happy to sit and take in the world. If you start to fuss, it's usually because you're tired and you want to be put in your bed.

You are so social now. You frequently reward us all with your big sunny smiles. Your sisters love to come over and talk to you, just to see your little face light up. In the last week you have started to get ticklish and also started laughing. It is so fun to run my finger across your tummy or blow raspberries in your neck and be rewarded by your funny baby chuckle. Every morning after you have your breakfast you look up at me and coo and gurgle and smile. You are so happy to great the day, and it makes my day better too.

SillyYou really like your bouncy chair now. It's so funny to watch your brow furrow in concentration and then your legs go kick, kick, kick. The music plays and you sit back and smile. You are also convinced that the ceiling fan is your best friend.

I sit in your room at night putting you to bed and just soak in the peacefulness. It's dark with just the light from the night light and your moblie which is playing it's quiet song. You snuggle up against me occasionally giving a little kick and making your baby sounds of contentment. In the other room I hear your sisters being put to bed and I know all too soon you will be part of the melee; yelling, laughing, begging for another song or drink of water. Protesting that you have to go potty one more time. Crying because you can't find your bear or blanket. So I snuggle you a little closer, breath in deep your sweet baby smell and just be.

2 comments:

  1. He is such a cute little pudge ball! I can't wait to snuggle him again. XOXOMOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet little boy!

    ReplyDelete