Monday, September 22, 2008

Happy Equinox To You

Early Fall Color It's officially Fall. Although Spring is my most favorite season, I think Fall is second. I love the crispness in the air and the leaves changing colors all around me. I think too, the melancholy mixed with cozy happiness feelings Fall inspires go with my personality quite well. The weather has been so strange this year, so far it hasn't felt like Fall at all. We've actually had some of the best weather of the summer! The last few days though, have been chilly and much more Fall-like.

Christoph was out of town for the weekend at a church retreat. when he got home on Sunday I decided to take a little walk to get some time to myself. It was beautiful out and I was noticing little touches of fall color everywhere. It got me very in the mood for Fall. One of my favorite things since moving to the northwest is seeing the migrating Canadian Geese. I love their patterns in the sky and their slightly mournful honking. There is a big field near our house where they tend to gather for a rest in their flight. I've been longing to have a better camera so I could take some cool zoom pictures of them. Wouldn't you know it, after four years, I get my camera and the farmer totally plows up the field! So, right now it's just a huge expanse of dirt and I haven't seen any geese there this year! I'm bummed. I do know of another place I've seen them, so one of these days I'll have to leave Christoph with the kids and go on a photo taking expedition. Anyway, happy Fall to you all! Make yourself a cup of something warm, snuggle up with someone you love and just soak it in!

No comments:

Post a Comment