Saturday, September 30, 2006

Half a Dozen

Here we are at the half way mark. You will only be a baby for six more months! I can't believe time is speeding by so fast. It doesn't seem that long ago that you were content to curl up on my chest and go to sleep. Now, no matter how tired you are, you want to be looking around. No going to sleep in Mommy's arms, it's your crib or nothing. You are so interested in the world around you. Everything you see is something to grab, gum, and explore. I love going into your room in the morning when you wake up. Your face breaks into a huge grin and your arms and legs start going like little windmills.

You are such a little cutie. You learned to roll over from your back to your tummy about two weeks ago and now you are always practicing your new skill. You get very frustrated that you can't quite get back on to your back. You also started jabbering, mamamama. I wonder if it is a coincidence since you are such a Mama's girl now. Daddy gets frustrated with you sometimes. You will be so happy with him until the second you see me, and then then you fuss and cry until I take you from him. As soon as you are in my arms you get happy again. I tell him not to take it personally, but I think he does a little.


You have started growling too. I thought it was unusual when Emily did it. I haven't heard very many babies growl the way you two do and did. I love the low guttural gughhh that rumbles out of you when you want attention or are in a silly mood. I wonder what it is in our genes that give our babies that funny trait. You haven't gotten interested in your thumb or a pacifier, but you love your blankie for nap time.

I'm loving having you for my daughter. You make me smile everyday. I'm enjoying every minute of watching you grow and seeing you figure out the world around you. Keep up the good work little Bee. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment