Saturday, January 26, 2008

Snow Day

This past week has been gorgeous and cold. It was clear and sunny every day, a really nice break from the winter rain. Then to top it off, it snowed on Thursday. I'd say we got about an inch of snow. However, it didn't start snowing until about 5:00pm. We had a meeting at our house at 6:30pm. So, between that and dinner Emily didn't get a chance to go outside. At about 9:00pm when everyone had left I was presented with the question, "Can I go play in the snow?" I don't know if this makes me a horrible mother, or an awesome one, but I had to say yes. It was supposed to be in the 40's the next day, there was the possibility of school in the morning, and it was the most snow we had gotten all year. I just couldn't say no. And you know what, we had a blast! It was so funny to see her bundled in her pajamas and tromping around the front yard. All around us was dark and quiet, with just an occasional car driving by. It felt so fun and mischievous to be out so late in our still neighborhood. Kind of like me and Emily were breaking all the rules together. School ended up being canceled the next day, and there was some snow left, so Katrina got to play in it too. Then we came in and drank hot chocolate. It wasn't much snow, but we milked it for all it was worth!
 



 


1 comment: